Pre- Consultation Reminders before meeting with your florist!
1) Gather photos from online or magazines of things that you like or even things you really don’t like so you can show that to your florist. If there are a few things from a few different bouquets that you like your florist will be able to bring the entire picture together for you! the more pictures the better so the florist can get to know your style and theme you expect! If you don’t have an actual theme create one together with your florist!
2) Create a list of attendants that you would like to wear a flower that signifies someone special. Like Mothers, Grandmothers, personal attendants, Hosts, Ushers and so on. Below is a card I hand out at my bridal shows for things to keep in mind when thinking about flowers.
3) Bring a color swatch of the bridesmaids gowns. The order should have been placed for your dresses by now. This way you wont waste time discussing colors and things that are not already a staple!
4) Bring a list of rules or contracts for the facilities. There may be a rule against fresh flower petals being tossed by the flower girl. Why not know that ahead of time so you will know to talk about a small bouquet for her to carry instead!
5) Have swatches of the linens or anything else color wise you are bringing into the scene. This will be helpful to make everything flow together!
6) Make a note if someone is disabled or may have some guidelines for ordering flowers. Maybe a grandparent is not able to wear a magnet corsage because of a pacemaker or the Ring Bearer is actually only 14 months old and flowers just wouldn’t be a good idea!
I hope these tips help in your planning process! Have a great day!